NetOp School Teacher 6.21
Old versionsSee all
Establish a local network for classrooms and distribute educational materials, control and monitor the performance of tasks, collect files, etc. Create a database of students, generate a schedule of activities and monitor the progress according to the curriculum.
NetOp School Teacher is one of the two pieces composing NetOp School, a tool developed by Danware that brings a complete solution for virtual classroom activities and education at distance. Nowadays, the network is the natural environment in which information transfers and people develop and grow either working or studying. This context creates a completely new scenario for studying and learning where is no longer needed to be in the same location or room to be able to attend to class. Imagine being able to take a PhD, dictated abroad by experts in the subject, but actually being seated at home. How much money and time is it saved? All things considered, a tool that allows you to dictate a class and manage a course over Internet, without the need of a physical reunion it’s no longer a fancy tool, but an essential one.
As pointed out before, NetOp School is composed by two modules: Teacher and Student. The computer with the Teacher module installed is the one working as the host, meaning that it’s the one being visited by the computers with the Student module installed. An important aspect to remark of this tool is that it can run on several platforms. Take a look to the list to see if it meets your needs:
• Windows Server 2003,
• Windows Vista,
• Windows XP,
• Windows 2000,
• Windows NT4,
• Windows 9X,
• Windows Terminal Server,
Let’s take a look to the teachers’ daily tasks and how NetOp School can help them out:
• Demonstrate to a student: Demonstrating is a widely used teaching method and NetOp School offers a number of ways to demonstrate: by showing what you are doing on your desktop, by showing movies or by showing a recording of how some task is done.
• Take control of a student computer: Occasionally it may be useful to be able to lock the screen, the keyboard and the mouse on selected student computers.
• Communicate with a student: Depending on your needs and on the technology available, NetOp School offers a number of ways in which you can communicate with a student: Send a message, Chat with a student, or Chat with a student using sound and video.
• Send and collect assignments: You can use the Teacher module to distribute assignments and other types of documents to students. And when the students have completed their assignment, you can collect the assignment from the Teacher module as well.
• Run a test or a survey: Test and surveys share a number of characteristics in NetOp School and are started and managed in similar ways. The difference between the two is that a test can have questions of 10 different types whereas a survey is always multiple choice.
• Supervise a student’s progress: NetOp School offers different ways in which the teacher can supervise a student's progress, for example by: Observing which applications and Web sites the students in the class are using; Observing activity of individual students, one at a time; Observing activity for the whole class by a thumbnail view of all student computers; Using remote control to take over a student's computer.
• Create and run a lesson plan: As the term implies, a lesson plan is a plan for the contents of a specific lesson. A lesson plan consists in one or more tasks that the teacher has planned for the class taking the lesson; these tasks are called lesson actions. Creating a lesson plan consists in two steps: creating the lesson plan and adding one or more lesson actions to the lesson plan.
• Record and distribute recordings: A recording is an alternative to a demonstration: where a demonstration is live and in real time, a recording is a prepared sequence of steps or actions that the teacher prepares for the students to view on their computers.
You can try this application for a period of 30 days. After the period finishes you can either buy a license or uninstall the application.
- Affordable price
- Modern interface
- Several control tools for teachers
- Only available in English